Discussion of Breakaway

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion of Breakaway

Post by s99fan on Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:16 am

Jack18 wrote:i read the book of Breakaway and in the book the character of Simmonds is killed and yet he reappears in the episode Earthbound so unless the author E C Tubb hadn't watched the episode.

The author received early drafts of the script and based his story upon those. Simmonds' "death" was reversed prior to the filming.

s99fan
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s99fan on Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:17 am

cmdrkoenig67 wrote:

Gorski was commander of Alpha in '94 (during the Ultra Probe incident), ...under him on Alpha.

Dana

He was? Was this mentioned on screen? If so, I have missed this upon repeated watching.
s99fan
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cmdrkoenig67 on Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:09 pm

s99fan wrote:
cmdrkoenig67 wrote:

Gorski was commander of Alpha in '94 (during the Ultra Probe incident), ...under him on Alpha.

Dana

He was? Was this mentioned on screen? If so, I have missed this upon repeated watching.

Upon re-viewing the episode...Helena says in 1994, Victor discovered Ultra...The scene then changes to Flight control and the Space News-caster says the date is Sept 3rd, 1996 (that is where Gorski is mentioned as being commander...Two years later...Hmmmmm). Perhaps he wasn't commander in '94, but that was my first impression from that scene (I guess I somehow missed the date in the Space News broadcast). That is the source of my mix up. Sorry, folks.

Dana
cmdrkoenig67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s99fan on Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:00 pm

Ah. Still, not a poor pick up.
s99fan
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by astro7 on Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:56 pm

Doctor Who's Tenth Planet addressed the theory of a rogue planet back in the sixties and left us with the idea of humanoid races living beneath the surface in sealed off cities while in later years converting the populace into cybernetic creatures to cope with the conditions on the surface!
astro7

Location : The current locations of The Ultra Probe in space or The Kaldorian spaceship! Take your pick!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top