SPACE: 1999
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POWYS Media lives!

5 posters

Go down

POWYS Media lives! Empty POWYS Media lives!

Post by s99fan Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:48 am

It appears as if POWYS Media will once again be publishing new Space:1999 novels.

http://www.captphilonline.com/powys/index.php

Orders apparently will open later this month for:

Space:1999 Resurrection the Audiobook (read by the late Barry Morse)
Space:1999 Shepherd Moon
Space: 1999 Born for Adversity

In February:
Space:1999 Omega

In March:
Space:1999 Year One Omnibus.

While I will buy all of them, in particular I am looking forward to the audiobook (just to hear a Space:1999 story read by the good Professor), the short story anthology Shepherd Moon, and the Y1 Omnibus. Perhaps most especially the Omnibus. I have the Y2 book which is lavishly and very well done, but limited by the native material. I am looking forward to seeing what Mateo can produce with the wonderful series one material. Cheers!
s99fan
s99fan
Admin

Back to top Go down

POWYS Media lives! Empty Re: POWYS Media lives!

Post by Commander Koenig Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:53 am

Yes, I had an email through about this and I'm also looking forward to buying some Space 1999 novels. The audiobook would certainly be a wonderful one to own especially read by Barry Morse; this would trully bring the adventure alive. I eagerly await their release.
Commander Koenig
Commander Koenig
Admin

https://space1999.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CalgaryAlphan Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:21 pm

The nice thing about the audiobook is that Barry not only "read" the book, but he "performed" the characters, voices, etc... so it's a far more interesting listen than if it had just been "read".
I'm looking forward to listening to the full product.
CalgaryAlphan
CalgaryAlphan

http://www.destinationmoonbasealpha.net

Back to top Go down

Post by s99fan Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:21 am

That makes excellent news even better. I see on the POWYS site that it will ship in MP3 format given cost issues. Very understandable, but I hope this plan does not hurt them by having confused buyers. Space:1999 aficionados tend to be tech savvy, but I've 'met' some on Boards who are barely able to log onto a computer.
s99fan
s99fan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeRain Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:44 pm

I'm looking forward to listening to the full product

LeeRain

Back to top Go down

Post by SPACE 1899 Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:46 am

News just in - seeing below the wording, as posted by powysmateo on the Eagle Transporter forum -

Powys Media has licensed Phoenix of Megaron for republication. It will be edited to fit within the "Powysverse" and contain appropriate continuity references to Years One and Two and to the other Powys novels. The edit is being done by myself and John Mason (John Rankine's son) as was done with Android Planet. Android Planet is coming out in January, Phoenix of Megaron in February (or 2011). And Phoenix will be published with a cherry red cover!

Looks like the year 2011 is going to be another good year for Space 1999 reading material releases Very Happy

SPACE 1899
SPACE 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down