SPACE: 1999
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How far does your fandom interest extend?

+2
JoelOwens
Andrew Kearley
6 posters

Go down

How far does your fandom interest extend? - Page 2 Empty Re: How far does your fandom interest extend?

Post by Andrew Kearley Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:38 pm

SPACE 1899 wrote:Just curious - if a Space 1999 remake movie ever did happen - would you boycott seeing it ?

No, I would probably go to see it if it opened at my local cinema, out
of curiosity more than anything else. (Although I don't go to the
pictures much these days.) I'd only buy the movie on DVD if it
was really exceptional. I'm not opposed to Space: 1999 spin-offs
or anything like that, I just haven't been able to find much enthusiasm
for them. This is in marked contrast to the level of my
commitment to Doctor Who for instance. But then I've been a
Doctor Who fan since I was four years old. Space: 1999 is
something I've only really appreciated as an adult, so all the
associated frippery of fandom has never really impinged on my
consciousness.

Andrew Kearley

http://www.eyespider.freeserve.co.uk/space/content.html

Back to top Go down

How far does your fandom interest extend? - Page 2 Empty Re: How far does your fandom interest extend?

Post by s99fan Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:35 am

[quote="SPACE 1899"]
Andrew Kearley wrote:
YES. Plus it is an investment. Some of the boxed Eagle models I bought on ebay a while back have already increased in value on ebay - especially the Gold Eagle.

I hope this is not your means of sole investment. It is not a wise position, if so. The item in question is of very limited interest, and with the passing of our generation is likely to plummet in value. It is simply not that well made. However, if it brings you pleasure, then that is another matter.

Andrew Kearley wrote:... so all the associated frippery of fandom has never really impinged on my
consciousness.

'frippery'. A very interesting word my partner had to explain the subcontexts to, and perhaps not a small amount insulting for those of us who do enjoy the ephemera associated with our show. Then again, perhaps you prefer the frippery associated with Doctor Who, eh?
s99fan
s99fan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Kearley Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:33 am

s99fan wrote:'frippery'. A very interesting word my partner had to explain the subcontexts to, and perhaps not a small amount insulting for those of us who do enjoy the ephemera associated with our show. Then again, perhaps you prefer the frippery associated with Doctor Who, eh?

Yes, I probably do. And it's mostly a load of old tat. How far does your fandom interest extend? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Actually, maybe there's a psychological reason right there why Space: 1999 merchandise doesn't really appeal to me.
Andrew Kearley
Andrew Kearley

http://www.eyespider.freeserve.co.uk/space/content.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Senmut Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:30 pm

Well, I have written some FanFic. I might go see a movie, if it wasn't a hatchet job/reimagination.
Senmut
Senmut

Back to top Go down

Post by SPACE 1899 Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:26 am

[quote="s99fan"]
SPACE 1899 wrote:
Andrew Kearley wrote:
YES. Plus it is an investment. Some of the boxed Eagle models I bought on ebay a while back have already increased in value on ebay - especially the Gold Eagle.

I hope this is not your means of sole investment. It is not a wise position, if so.

No - not my means of sole investment. Anyway, I would still maintain that eg screen used Space 1999 props are also a good investment - have you not seen the prices of them on www.propstore.com ?

http://www.propstore.com/products.htm
SPACE 1899
SPACE 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by JoelOwens Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:38 am

S99fan,

Sorry I missed your Q earlier. It's an iPod Touch. If you'll check my website, I have a bunch of iPod/iPhone backgrounds that I edited for mobile device backgrounds. You may visit the site with your device browser and "Save Image" on the one(s) you'd like to have. Then in your settings, use that image as your 'wallpaper'.

Also, I've been revisiting the old Starlog Eagle schematics using a vector graphics program, published as a PDF file. You might be interested in seeing it, below the iPod/iPhone wallpapers. Enjoy!

~joel
JoelOwens
JoelOwens

http://www.joelowens.org

Back to top Go down

Post by s99fan Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:50 pm

Thank you.
s99fan
s99fan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JoelOwens Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:50 am

By the way, everybody, Happy Breakaway Day! Exclamation
JoelOwens
JoelOwens

http://www.joelowens.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum