SPACE: 1999
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What episodes?!

Go down

What episodes?! Empty What episodes?!

Post by Anders Sat May 08, 2010 11:42 am

Hi´!

My name is Anders and I am writing to you from Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe.

This is somewhat of an impossible question to answer, I know, but please bear with me.

You see, I remember two episodes from Space 1999 that I would very much like to watch again.
The first episode and the only one that I did not watch to the end (because my mother told me to go to bed so that I would be able to get up to school the next day, since the show unfortunately was broadcasted rather late here in Sweden during the 70´s), was an episode where the crew had landed on another planet (I think?!) and they were playing badminton – that was when my mother pushed the off-button on the TV and I had to go to bed. Never know how that exciting episode ended, I am sorry to say.
The second episode that I also very much would like to watch all over again was when a huge “machine-like” spacecraft literally rolled in over the moonbase, and if I remember correctly some of the crew also entered this mighty colossus after some deliberation.

Not much of background info, I know – but perhaps it comes easy for a true fan…

Best,

Anders skrivtillanders@hotmail.com

Anders

Back to top Go down

What episodes?! Empty Re: What episodes?!

Post by Commander Koenig Sat May 08, 2010 2:45 pm

Hi Anders and welcome to the forum. The first episode you mention, where the crew were playing badminton, is the episode called 'The Last Sunset'. The moon is supplied with an atmosphere by inhabitants of the planet Ariel but unfortunately this does not last, and soon the crew of Alpha are plunged back into darkness. The other episode is one called 'The Infernal Machine' where a spaceship lands on the moon and it's 'inhabitant' Gwent and his companion ask for supplies. Victor, Koenig and Helena go aboard and are held hostage by Gwent.

Are you able to get the Dvds of Space 1999? The one's from Network dvd are excellent. They are Region 2 so I don't know if that's the format you use in Sweden.
Commander Koenig
Commander Koenig
Admin

https://space1999.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What episodes?! Empty I KNEW IT...

Post by Anders Sat May 08, 2010 8:05 pm

...AND IT IS AMAZING!!!

Thank You VERY, VERY much.

Best,

Anders

Anders

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Koenig Sun May 09, 2010 4:16 am

If you haven't already seen them may I point you in the direction of the Catacombs website at http://www.space1999.net/catacombs/. The Catacombs site is excellent for information on all episodes and much more. Thoroughly recommended.
Commander Koenig
Commander Koenig
Admin

https://space1999.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down