SPACE: 1999
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Destination: Moonbase Alpha" book

+9
CHAS1999
SPACE 1899
Steve Gerard
mcgun106
cmdrkoenig67
s99fan
Commander Koenig
Andrew Kearley
CalgaryAlphan
13 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

"Destination: Moonbase Alpha" book - Page 6 Empty Re: "Destination: Moonbase Alpha" book

Post by Coach34 Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:44 pm

Robert,

I just listened to your interview on NDB Radio. Very interesting and nicely done.

Thanks for using your abilities and interest in Space to keep the flame alive and give us all something new to renew our passion in Space. Books and projects like "Destination Moonbase Alpha" and "The Return of Victor Bergman" bring this fan community closer together and I wanted to thank you for that.

P.S. I will be ordering "Destination Moonbase Alpha" this fall...

Coach34

Back to top Go down

"Destination: Moonbase Alpha" book - Page 6 Empty Re: "Destination: Moonbase Alpha" book

Post by CalgaryAlphan Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:11 am

Celebrating the 35th Anniversary of Space: 1999, Robert Wood will be appearing on Destinies: The Voice of Science Fiction Radio at 11:30 PM EDT (Eastern Daylight Time), on 10 September 2010, with host Howard Margolin, to discuss "Destination: Moonbase Alpha" and Space: 1999. The program will run for approximately 30-40 minutes and will be available for listening (both live and archived after the broadcast) here: http://www.captphilonline.com/Destinies.html
CalgaryAlphan
CalgaryAlphan

http://www.destinationmoonbasealpha.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Gerard Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:40 am

CalgaryAlphan wrote:Celebrating the 35th Anniversary of Space: 1999, Robert Wood will be appearing on Destinies: The Voice of Science Fiction Radio at 11:30 PM EDT (Eastern Daylight Time), on 10 September 2010, with host Howard Margolin, to discuss "Destination: Moonbase Alpha" and Space: 1999. The program will run for approximately 30-40 minutes and will be available for listening (both live and archived after the broadcast) here: http://www.captphilonline.com/Destinies.html

Robert, I will be listening tonight.
Steve Gerard
Steve Gerard

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeRain Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:46 pm

How would i pay for the book i would have to send a postal orde

LeeRain

Back to top Go down

Post by Hungknorton Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:49 am

Robert, what is going on with availability? I have referred your book to two friends and they inform me it is no longer readily available. Amazon.uk and the Book Depository are out of stock, and even Telos is warning 'Please do not query non-receipt of orders until 28 working days'. I was under the perception Telos is print-on-demand, am I in error? Is this book being forcible withdrawn like the last?

Hungknorton

Back to top Go down

Post by CalgaryAlphan Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:42 am

No - there is no problem with the book or its availability. Telos is not print-on-demand - I believe they are currently doing print-runs of 100 copies per run on my book. It is possible they have got to the end of one print run, and are awaiting a new shipment... but I'm just guessing on that.

That Telos warning you mention is completely standard, and applies to all orders from their site.

But yes, the book is still available, in-print, and will continue to be.

Any other questions, let me know. And thanks very much for the referrals!!

Hungknorton wrote:Robert, what is going on with availability? I have referred your book to two friends and they inform me it is no longer readily available. Amazon.uk and the Book Depository are out of stock, and even Telos is warning 'Please do not query non-receipt of orders until 28 working days'. I was under the perception Telos is print-on-demand, am I in error? Is this book being forcible withdrawn like the last?

CalgaryAlphan

Back to top Go down

Post by CalgaryAlphan Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:04 am

And just a PS - I've just been to Amazon.co.uk and they show 2 copies in stock.
CalgaryAlphan
CalgaryAlphan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6