Hi...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hi...

Post by cmdrkoenig67 on Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:19 pm

Welcome Ally, Nice to have more 1999 fans around.

Dana
cmdrkoenig67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s99fan on Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:27 pm

Welcome, indeed. Are you the same procyostar from the Powys forum? I lurk there but have not joined. To be honest, I am not a fan of where they have taken the plot after canon events. Their Omega/Alpha books in particular are tedious and overfull of themselves. Saying that, it is very good to see the fandom alive and well, in whatever form. I also enjoy fanfic and have a large collection saved on my computer. Who is your favorite writer? Do you have a favorite story?

s99fan
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SPACE 1899 on Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:35 am

procyonstar wrote:VHS tapes and now DVDs. I can now watch it on the TV anytime I like but have every episode uploaded onto my laptop and netbook so I have them wherever I go...It’s a cause of constant humour to my husband and children that I have this passion – they just don’t get it !!
...I have the Space1999 theme as my ringtone on my mobile and very often I don’t answer...just so I can listen to the music...it still gives me goosebumps...even after all these years

Yes - with the technology of modern times - video / dvd / blu-ray / laptops / etc - it certainly is nice to be able to watch Space 1999 anytime / anywhere. I've currently got a recently acquired laser disc player set up in the bedroom and am enjoying going through watching the episodes again on laser disc format.

Yes - my family do not get it either - my son once saw an episode and commented 'Naffness in the first degree' !

And yes - that theme tune is a true classic. Whenever I start watching a Year 1 episode, it it still really exciting (even after all these years) to hear that initial drum roll that leads into the theme tune. Very Happy
SPACE 1899

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Koenig on Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:48 am

Welcome aboard Ally. We are a small but friendly crowd here who all share a love of Space: 1999.

Nice to have you with us.

The Impossible just takes a little longer
Commander Koenig
Admin

View user profile http://space1999.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: