SPACE: 1999
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V - THE SERIES

2 posters

Go down

V - THE SERIES Empty V - THE SERIES

Post by SPACE 1899 Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:27 am

Keep seeing trailers on TV for the new version of V, coming to the UK in 2010.

Couldn't resist and I've just bought the dvds of the 1980's V, on ebay - the miniseries, the final battle and the complete series.

For those of you living in the US, I believe the new version is already out - what do you think and how does it compare to the 1980s version ?
SPACE 1899
SPACE 1899

Back to top Go down

V - THE SERIES Empty Re: V - THE SERIES

Post by CalgaryAlphan Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:59 am

SPACE 1899 wrote:Keep seeing trailers on TV for the new version of V, coming to the UK in 2010.

Couldn't resist and I've just bought the dvds of the 1980's V, on ebay - the miniseries, the final battle and the complete series.

For those of you living in the US, I believe the new version is already out - what do you think and how does it compare to the 1980s version ?

Well, I'm in Canada, but we're getting it here too. The first 4 episodes have been very good, with a good mix of ideas from the original "V" as well as new ones. They've had to move some things along faster than in the original, but are taking their time dealing with the formation of the Resistance. Each episode has featured some surprising revelation or development. I'm also pleased with the cast - all are doing a fine job.

The only thing about the modernization that I'm not fond of is swapping the original's parable for the Holocaust with a modern Terrorism theme, which I think just goes to show the current state of mentality with the US TV and movie studios... so much these days is about Terrorism, and it's a shallow and boring theme when it's over-done as much as it has been in recent years.

But that's not a major detractor for the show, and I've been enjoying this new "V".
CalgaryAlphan
CalgaryAlphan

http://www.destinationmoonbasealpha.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SPACE 1899 Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:19 am

Sounds promising.
It's weird, but in the UK, we get some USA Shows very soon after airing in the USA (eg 24 and Prison Break in recent times), but for some Shows there is much more of a wait.

The V trailers are great though - "THEY ARE COMING" (2010)...
SPACE 1899
SPACE 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down