SPACE: 1999
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Adam, New Eve

+4
Commander Koenig
s99fan
SPACE 1899
Magnus Greel
8 posters

Go down

New Adam, New Eve Empty New Adam, New Eve

Post by Magnus Greel Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:37 am

Direct stealing from Trek's "Who Mourns for Adonis". If you wanted to, I guess you could say it was a braver decision to have someone appear as "our" God, the one we either believe in or were probably raised to believe in, in our culture. More risk-taking there, than in resurrecting Apollo.

Scene 1, on big screen: It's Lava Lamp World! No, it's Spirograph World!

They don't like the eats Apollo... I mean "God"... conjures in the Command Center. A weird place to eat dinner. They complain that it's not modern enough, and I pictured him then whipping up a bunch of TV dinners on folding tables, to be "modern". The "nectar" is served by a temporary woman (a sort of slave... where'd she come from if he can't create people?), all legs and cleavage. Is he God, or Hef? Not once does he ever try to get the Alphans to worship him. He looks like the Devil.

I like the moonrise on the planet, and the music. Pairing them off differently doesn't serve a purpose. Later, the gorilla is trying to maul Helena, and I pictured the romantic music starting again, then the two of them suddenly start gazing lovingly in each other's eyes... etc etc...

Magus is a Technomage! The locals speak English.
Magnus Greel
Magnus Greel

http://visualdevice.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

New Adam, New Eve Empty Re: New Adam, New Eve

Post by SPACE 1899 Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:15 pm

Magnus Greel wrote:Scene 1, on big screen: It's Lava Lamp World! No, it's Spirograph World!
Well it was the 1970s New Adam, New Eve Icon_lol

Think this is the episode where Koenig says that great line to Magus - "Sorry, we're fresh out of sacrificial lambs" ?
SPACE 1899
SPACE 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by s99fan Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:40 pm

The exact line I was thinking of, and very well delivered in a perfect, dry tone by ML:

MAGUS:
"They'd have been on their knees by now or offering up a sacrificial goat."

KOENIG:
"We're a bit low on sacrificial goats."
s99fan
s99fan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Koenig Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:37 am

I love Martin Landau's delivery of many of his lines in this episode, he swings between sarcasm, disbelief and seeming totally pissed off.

Love the line "We're a bit low on sacrificial goats". The way in which he delivers the line "That went out with Nero" when Magus conjures up the feast in Command Centre. Just take a look at Helena's reaction to this. She kind of puts her hand on his arm and looks at him as if to say 'Careful' then she looks at Magus to gauge his reaction. Also great is the "You look like an artists rendition of the genuine article" when Martin Landau looks him up and down. Then again when he says "We've learnt to mistrust appearances" the way he looks Magus up and down and his expression there is a classic. Then later in the Eagle when they are going down to the planet, Koenig tells Magus to "Take a seat". Love the delivery of that line too.
Commander Koenig
Commander Koenig
Admin

https://space1999.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SPACE 1899 Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:27 am

Commander Koenig wrote:I love Martin Landau's delivery of many of his lines in this episode, he swings between sarcasm, disbelief and seeming totally pissed off.
He probably felt like that when first reading a lot of the Year 2 scripts New Adam, New Eve Icon_lol
SPACE 1899
SPACE 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Koenig Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:39 am

SPACE 1899 wrote:He probably felt like that when first reading a lot of the Year 2 scripts New Adam, New Eve Icon_lol
Yes, I think you're right Space 1899 Laughing
Commander Koenig
Commander Koenig
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CHAS1999 Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:00 am

I like this episdoe ok, brings me back to July 1978 everytime i watch it.

Space1999 is like a time warp with every episode i watch.

CHAS1999

Back to top Go down

New Adam, New Eve Empty The Kiss

Post by Chance Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:44 am

The kiss between Koenig and Maya was HOT(or the moments leading up to it I should say)

Chance

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Koenig Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:31 am

Chance wrote:The kiss between Koenig and Maya was HOT(or the moments leading up to it I should say)
Yes, you're right. The kiss between Landau and Schell was pretty hot, much more so than that between Tony Anholt and Barbara Bain. There was certainly a good chemistry going on between Landau and Schell. I wonder what Barbara Bain thought about it Question
Commander Koenig
Commander Koenig
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondie621 Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:18 pm

Oh Yeah! That was a great moment, I wish the monster screaming hadn't broken the mood so quickly! Wink

But something else was bothering me about this episode, the actor who plays magnus....then it hit me...he played Prince John in Ivanhoe! (playing the same kind of character, somebody who wants to be worshipped!!) Surprised
Blondie621
Blondie621

Back to top Go down

Post by Senmut Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:48 pm

Yes, Rolfe was fab as John in that movie.
Ever notice how he almost always played a scumbag?
Senmut
Senmut

Back to top Go down

Post by astro7 Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:09 am

Martin and Schell? Perhaps, maybe,but would he have had time between Barbara, Catherine and Sarah Bullen I wonder?
Naughty old Martin, then Sarah was very voluptuous wasn't she!
astro7
astro7

Location : The current locations of The Ultra Probe in space or The Kaldorian spaceship! Take your pick!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum