SPACE: 1999
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Admin

+13
CR
eagleman
GWENT
oceania68
cmdrkoenig67
SPACE 1899
Senmut
Andrew Kearley
eagletransporter
Miranda
s99fan
CalgaryAlphan
Commander Koenig
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hello from Admin - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello from Admin

Post by eagleman Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:13 pm

I am Patrick,a.k.a. eagleman,from the U.S. state of North Carolina. I have been a "Space:1999" fan since its U.S. debut in 1975, when I was 11. I come from a family of "Star Trek" fans. While I like "Star Trek", "Space:1999" will always be a sentimental favorite with me. The first season theme rocks with me and the special effects remain spectacular even by today's standards. I've always liked Martin Landau and Barbara Bain. Thanks for starting this great forum. I look forward to many posts.

eagleman

Back to top Go down

Post by CR Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:09 pm

Hi, everyone. Found this site thanks to Jorge/Eagletransporter, who told us about it on another forum. (I'm already seeing some familiar posters from there... hi, all!)
It's great to see more interest popping up in our old, beloved show, and I look forward to discussing S99 here as time allows.

CR

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Gerard Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:50 am

I participate in discussions at the Eagle Transporter Forum, Fanderson Forum and now your SPACE:1999 Forum. Hello to all. Good to see some here from the Eagle Transporter Forum and Fanderson Forum. I have been a SPACE:1999 fan since day one "Breakaway" episode in September 1975 at the age of eleven years old. Smile
Steve Gerard
Steve Gerard

Back to top Go down

Post by blondgod Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:10 am

It's great to find another S:99 discussion forum, so thank you! S:99 is my favorite tv show of all time. It changed my life, making me realize there was so much more out there.
blondgod
blondgod

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaudior Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:39 pm

Hi, I'm Melissa. I grew up in Boston but live in Oregon now and have for many years. I got hooked on Space:1999 when I was about 12 and it aired daily on a UHF channel. A number of years ago, I got the DVDs for my brother, and we watched them all again. My interest was reawakened, and I bid on and got quite a bit of memorabilia on e-Bay. Also went to the convention in Tampa a few years ago and got to meet Barry Morse.

I don't think of myself as liking sci-fi, yet I loved this show (which we called Stapletown because the phasers looked like stapleguns) and Battlestar Galactica (not the original one!). But I do like the relationships more than the alien adventure, per se.

I think both seasons have pros and cons; they are so different from each other that it's almost like watching different shows!

Gaudior

http://www.doublecheck-it.com

Back to top Go down

Post by s99fan Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:16 am

Welcome.
Gaudior wrote:... it aired daily on a UHF channel.

What is a UHF channel?

I think both seasons have pros and cons; they are so different from each other that it's almost like watching different shows!

Very much so. You share CR's viewpoint, then.
s99fan
s99fan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Koenig Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:52 am

Gaudior wrote:Hi, I'm Melissa. I grew up in Boston but live in Oregon now and have for many years. I got hooked on Space:1999 when I was about 12 and it aired daily on a UHF channel. A number of years ago, I got the DVDs for my brother, and we watched them all again. My interest was reawakened, and I bid on and got quite a bit of memorabilia on e-Bay. Also went to the convention in Tampa a few years ago and got to meet Barry Morse.

I don't think of myself as liking sci-fi, yet I loved this show (which we called Stapletown because the phasers looked like stapleguns) and Battlestar Galactica (not the original one!). But I do like the relationships more than the alien adventure, per se.

Welcome Melissa. Nice to have another woman onboard, I was beginning to feel a little outnumbered Smile
Perhaps you'd like to start another topic thread and tell us more about the convention in Tampa and your meeting with Barry Morse?
Commander Koenig
Commander Koenig
Admin

https://space1999.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Senmut Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:25 pm

s99fan wrote:Welcome.

What is a UHF channel?

UHF stands for Ultra High Frequency. A range of the EM spectrum between 300Megacycles and 3 Gigacycles. Often used by smaller TV stations.
Senmut
Senmut

Back to top Go down

Post by s99fan Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:37 pm

Thank you.
s99fan
s99fan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SPACE 1899 Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:00 pm

Commander Koenig wrote:Welcome Melissa. Nice to have another woman onboard, I was beginning to feel a little outnumbered Smile
Perhaps you'd like to start another topic thread and tell us more about the convention in Tampa and your meeting with Barry Morse?

Yes Melissa - please do tell us more about your convention experience. There is a 'convention' thread in the General Discussion section, but no-one has shared their experiences yet so please do start the ball rolling - and also tell us about meeting Barry Morse bounce Smile
SPACE 1899
SPACE 1899

Back to top Go down

Hello from Admin - Page 2 Empty introduce yourself

Post by Jack18 Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:20 am

hello

my name is Andrew i like all things sci-fi whether it be star trek doctor who and space 1999 and the other Gerry anderson series UFO. How i got into watching Space 1999 was through a friend of mine who had all the videos. it was round about 1995 and i was round my friends house and he put on a episode of Ufo entitled Sub Smash and then the episode of Space 1999 Dragons Domain which after watching it i loved it. then i started watching Space 1999 when BBC 2 started showing it but unfortunately the bbc did edit some of the episodes. i don't know if this is true maybe soeone in the forum can correctme. i now have the first series on DVD i have the carlton dvds but i would like to get the network dvd release. i never get tired of watching Space 1999. unfortunately when BBC 2 showed the first series one of my friends came round when i was watching one of the episodes and he really did take the mickey out of it with regards to the costumes and sets and special effects. i watch Space 1999 for the stories and the characters i don't go oooh look at the flares which is what my friend did. as i say i never get tired of watching it at all.
Jack18
Jack18

Back to top Go down

Post by SPACE 1899 Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:40 am

Welcome aboard Jack18. Hello from Admin - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Don't worry about friends taking the mickey - my son watched a bit of Space 1999 once and commented 'Naffness in the first degree."
I still maintain that (ok, with the exception of the FLARED TROUSERS) the visuals and special effects of Year 1 particularly are still stunning to this day and do not appear dated.
SPACE 1899
SPACE 1899

Back to top Go down

Hello from Admin - Page 2 Empty introduce yourself

Post by Jack18 Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:05 am

thank you glad there is a forum about Space 1999

Andrew
Jack18
Jack18

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Koenig Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:22 am

Welcome Andrew. Great to have you on board and hope you will enjoy your time on the forum.

Space 1899 you're absolutely right. The Space 1999 special effects stand up well even today even with all the computer gadgetry SFX have at their disposal. I'd like to see the SFX guys of today going back to the stuff they had available in the 70s to see how they'd cope.
Commander Koenig
Commander Koenig
Admin

https://space1999.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum