SPACE: 1999
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kano...your musings.

+7
Magnus Greel
Gaudior
Commander Koenig
SPACE 1899
CalgaryAlphan
s99fan
Senmut
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kano...your musings. - Page 2 Empty Re: Kano...your musings.

Post by s99fan Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:58 am

Er, no. See the response on page one.

s99fan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Senmut Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:44 pm

He's in "The Bergman Zone".
cue wierd music, and Rod Serling.....
Senmut
Senmut

Back to top Go down

Post by DukeDexter Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:46 am

Kano suddenly comes alive in 'Full Circle' when the secondary characters get a chance to shine. He makes me laugh with the comment about back-seat drivers when they're in the buggy - this guy has just set foot on an alien planet and he's that crabby! It's a pity we didn't see more of that side of him as a contrast to the more heroic characters, he could have become very interesting.
DukeDexter
DukeDexter

http://andersonic.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by s99fan Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:49 pm

I completely agree. A well-rounded black television character in the early 1970s gifted in the emerging field of computers could have been as powerful a role model as a female head physician.
s99fan
s99fan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach34 Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:47 pm

I agree with CalgaryAlphan that Kano had a generous streak of pessimism and, I would add, a serious touch of sarcasm.

It's a tribute to the writer's and Clifton Jones that I found the character somewhat annoying and petty with quips like, "You can cut through fish scales." (Black Sun) and his explosion at the young lady who spilled the coffee (Missing Link). These are traits that people YOU know and work with exhibit. Real people. People under stress. In this regard I found the series ahead of it's time in showing our heroes acting as real people would in this situation.

In addition, like Nick Tate's portrayal of Alan Carter, Mr. Jones was able to make me FEEL something in regard to his character even with so little screen time and character development. I can only imagine what the series would have been like had it been produced today, with the tilt toward ensemble work rather that a "star" carrying a series.
Coach34
Coach34

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum