SPACE: 1999
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Space 1999 Movie

+6
Steve Gerard
Senmut
Andrew Kearley
SPACE 1899
s99fan
Commander Koenig
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Space 1999 Movie - Page 3 Empty Re: Space 1999 Movie

Post by Commander Koenig Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:45 am

cmdrkoenig67 wrote:I think Moonbase Alpha would be the most recognizable (even to many non-fans) and the best title to have for any remake.

Dana

That's a pretty good suggestion Dana. You're right, it would be recognisable to fans and many non-fans, and an intriguing enough title to get people to want to watch the film.

Commander Koenig
Admin

https://space1999.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cmdrkoenig67 Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:02 am

These two titles would certainly bring to mind the original series (I think they may be the best ones, really)...

Moonbase Alpha (which I definitely think is recognizable).

Space: 2099 (which I also think is a good title, placing the series nearly a century in the future, when we may finally have a moon base).

I've said elsewhere, I'd prefer to see a TV series to a feature film, but even a film would be great (as long as it was respectful of the original series). I'd also prefer to see the series done in Britain (by mostly Brits, of course...With effects/make up/etc like the new Doctor Who series)...Updated tech, I'd like some of the Year 2 ideas which look like Star Trek hand-me-downs to be dumped (like every nation on Earth being at peace after a global war, etc...). I liked the concept of Earth still being not a perfect paradise (as Year One seemed to imply, i.e. Politicians still being "politicians" and all that ). Also, the darker tone of the first year was just genius to me...Bravo Sylvia. I don't know if she is the mind behind a lot of that darkness, but I really enjoyed that feel. I'd like to see any new series or film incorporate the darkness, mystery, horror, wonder and awe of the first season (without going overboard, of course).

Dana
cmdrkoenig67
cmdrkoenig67

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach34 Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:09 pm

cmdrkoenig67 wrote:I think Moonbase Alpha would be the most recognizable (even to many non-fans) and the best title to have for any remake.

Dana

I agree completely.
Coach34
Coach34

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3