SPACE: 1999
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

YEAR 1 MUSIC

3 posters

Go down

YEAR 1 MUSIC Empty YEAR 1 MUSIC

Post by SPACE 1899 Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:55 pm

http://www.space1999.net/moonbase99/mp3.htm

see above link for downloads of Year 1 music. The Fanderson Year 1 double cd still appears from time to time on ebay but tends to be expensive as it is so rare.

I paid around £75 for mine a few years ago - does anyone else out there have the Year 1 double cd and what do they think of it ?

My favourite tracks are Dragons Domain (what is it about the fusion of classical music and sci fi that works so well ?) and War Games.
SPACE 1899
SPACE 1899

Back to top Go down

YEAR 1 MUSIC Empty Re: YEAR 1 MUSIC

Post by s99fan Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:05 pm

Glorious, timeless music that could be used for a show today and be utterly ageless. My Fanderson CDs are listened to often, and enjoyed as much now as the first time.
s99fan
s99fan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Kearley Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:14 pm

I love the double CD. It was hearing news that this was imminent that made me join Fanderson just so I could get it. (Actually rejoin it, as I'd been a member in the past.) When I got it, I played it continuously for months. Even today, it still gets regular outings. It's great background music for when I'm doing the washing up or similar.

The first disc is great, particular favourites are the insistent driving theme of Black Sun, and the trippy stuff when they enter the sun itself - and the Another Time, Another Place score.

Of the non Barry Gray tracks, favourites are probably the sitar from The Troubled Spirit, and the mournful tunes that were used in The Infernal Machine.
Andrew Kearley
Andrew Kearley

http://www.eyespider.freeserve.co.uk/space/content.html

Back to top Go down

Post by SPACE 1899 Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Andrew Kearley wrote:It's great background music for when I'm doing the washing up or similar.

Mmm - can't comment on that as we have a dish washer. YEAR 1 MUSIC Icon_smile

However, 'War Games' is a great track for in the car when you're stuck in traffic - you can easily get carried away and pretend to be the conductor in front of the musicians producing that rousing piece of music YEAR 1 MUSIC Icon_lol
SPACE 1899
SPACE 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down