SPACE: 1999
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRIAN BLESSED ON 'GET ME OUT OF HERE'

5 posters

Go down

BRIAN BLESSED ON 'GET ME OUT OF HERE' Empty BRIAN BLESSED ON 'GET ME OUT OF HERE'

Post by SPACE 1899 Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:54 am

There are rumours that Brian Blessed might be appearing in the new series of 'Get Me Out Of Here - I'm A Celebrity.' Anyone know if it's a definite or not ?

At any rate, it's got to be warmer in the jungle than on Ultima Thule. Laughing
SPACE 1899
SPACE 1899

Back to top Go down

BRIAN BLESSED ON 'GET ME OUT OF HERE' Empty Re: BRIAN BLESSED ON 'GET ME OUT OF HERE'

Post by s99fan Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:19 am

What a fall for a good actor.
s99fan
s99fan
Admin

Back to top Go down

BRIAN BLESSED ON 'GET ME OUT OF HERE' Empty Re: BRIAN BLESSED ON 'GET ME OUT OF HERE'

Post by SPACE 1899 Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:31 am

Just curious - why do you see it as a fall ?
eg It didn't do Jordan any harm did it ?

Also if it was good enough for George Takei from Star Trek to appear on it, then it's good enough for an ex Space 1999 actor to appear on it.
SPACE 1899
SPACE 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by s99fan Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:32 am

It's demeaning to all the participants.
s99fan
s99fan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SPACE 1899 Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:46 am

Well, when all is said and done, actors still need to make a living, so therefore if the price is right ...
SPACE 1899
SPACE 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Koenig Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:35 am

Unfortunately I'm fairly cynical when it comes to reality tv shows. I don't like voyeur-type shows much, Celebrity or Big Brother spring to mind. I'm afraid they don't hold any interest for me personally, but I do understand that lots of people do like them. I always think that those who go on shows like I'm a celebrity are at a low in their career and just want to make a bit of dosh whilst giving their flagging careers a boost....
Commander Koenig
Commander Koenig
Admin

https://space1999.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by s99fan Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:29 am

Commander Koenig wrote: I always think that those who go on shows like I'm a celebrity are at a low in their career and just want to make a bit of dosh whilst giving their flagging careers a boost....

Exactly.
s99fan
s99fan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Kearley Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:42 pm

Oh, I don't know. This is Brian Blessed we're talking about. The man's a national treasure, and I don't think he's a man who needs to boost a flagging career. Quite frankly, if the rumours are true, he probably saw the jungle thing as a bit of a challenge and/or a bit of a laugh. He's a man who's climbed Everest, after all, he's up for anything. And he'll be fantastically loud and probably very rude.

Have a look at this youtube link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NacppJ_vWQg
It cracks me up every time.
Andrew Kearley
Andrew Kearley

http://www.eyespider.freeserve.co.uk/space/content.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Koenig Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:58 pm

Andrew Kearley wrote:Oh, I don't know. This is Brian Blessed we're talking about. The man's a national treasure, and I don't think he's a man who needs to boost a flagging career. Quite frankly, if the rumours are true, he probably saw the jungle thing as a bit of a challenge and/or a bit of a laugh. He's a man who's climbed Everest, after all, he's up for anything. And he'll be fantastically loud and probably very rude.

Have a look at this youtube link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NacppJ_vWQg
It cracks me up every time.

Love the You Tube link, brilliant. Actually, you're right, he would actually be quite interesting to watch in the jungle, and by the sounds of the youtube video he's not too choosy with his langauge. Could be quite a laugh, I might have to make an exception and watch it!
Commander Koenig
Commander Koenig
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SPACE 1899 Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:15 pm

Commander Koenig wrote:Could be quite a laugh, I might have to make an exception and watch it!
Be careful - that could be the start of a slippery slope - next thing you know, you'll be watching Big Brother on TV all through the night...Laughing
SPACE 1899
SPACE 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by SPACE 1899 Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:08 am

Oh well, it now looks like he will not be appearing - the full line up has now been released.

It's a pity - it could have been fun - I mean look at all the mayhem and destruction he caused on planet Psychon. Laughing
SPACE 1899
SPACE 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Koenig Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:05 am

SPACE 1899 wrote:
Commander Koenig wrote:Could be quite a laugh, I might have to make an exception and watch it!
Be careful - that could be the start of a slippery slope - next thing you know, you'll be watching Big Brother on TV all through the night...Laughing
Nah Exclamation

SPACE 1899 wrote:Oh well, it now looks like he will not be appearing - the full line up has now been released.

It's a pity - it could have been fun - I mean look at all the mayhem and destruction he caused on planet Psychon. Laughing
The line up looks pretty uninspiring to me, perhaps our Brian took one look and thought better of it. Laughing
Commander Koenig
Commander Koenig
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SPACE 1899 Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:20 pm

Imagine if they had a line up of people who had appeared in Space 1999 - now that would be interesting viewing.
If they managed to survive on Moonbase Alpha, then the jungle should be a walk in the park.
Oh well, one can dream...
SPACE 1899
SPACE 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by s99fan Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:07 pm

SPACE 1899 wrote:Imagine if they had a line up of people who had appeared in Space 1999 - now that would be interesting viewing.

I hope I never live long enough to see that. It would be as cringeworthy as seeing ML and BB on that awful Gilliagan's Island movie.
s99fan
s99fan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Koenig Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:36 am

s99fan wrote:I hope I never live long enough to see that. It would be as cringeworthy as seeing ML and BB on that awful Gilliagan's Island movie.
I keep hearing about this movie. Is it really bad?
Commander Koenig
Commander Koenig
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SPACE 1899 Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:26 pm

s99fan wrote:I hope I never live long enough to see that. It would be as cringeworthy as seeing ML and BB on that awful Gilliagan's Island movie.

I missed Gilliagan's Island first time round. Is it available in a deluxe remastered digitally restored dvd box set with lots of extra features by any chance ? bounce
SPACE 1899
SPACE 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by s99fan Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:17 pm

Yes.

I missed Gilliagan's Island first time round. Is it available in a deluxe remastered digitally restored dvd box set with lots of extra features by any chance ?

No.
s99fan
s99fan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Senmut Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:47 pm

Commander Koenig wrote:

Well..... No No No
48 hours of the flu, along with the screaming shits, would be less painful!
Yes, it's THAT bad!
Senmut
Senmut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down